[Logo]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
Forum rules     [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
        Now, by registering on our forum you get a chance to receive giveaway offers, valuable discounts and other great deals! There is no obligation to buy anything - just register and contribute to the forum to take advantage of this great opportunity.
Lid loosened  XML
Forum Index » Partner 900
Author Message
rus



Joined: 02/04/2011 06:51:43
Messages: 11
Offline

Hi,
just got P900 and found out that the screen lid is kinda flimsy like on laptops when used for a long period of time and it becomes loose on hinges... very hard to explain, sorry... the screws seem to be fine but it looks like the lid hinges are loosened.

second concern is when i opened the box there's one slot empty... missing something! I mean 4 slots total for:
-charger
-P900
-headphones and usb cable
-EMPTY

is this a normal for a brand new Partner? Or do i have to worry about RMA?

p.s. i decided to post some pics and video on youtube to be more specific

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWj616Rh3us

thanks

p.p.s. ups dropped off the box at the door, no worries about someone can steal $500 electronic device... box was completely smashed like someone/something stepped on it.
[Thumb - Untitled.jpg]
 Filename Untitled.jpg [Disk] Download
 Description something included in box is missing
 Filesize 2002 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  0 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/04/2011 07:27:08

Jerry



Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

Hey Rus,

Thanks for your question, and i must say you have a very thorough description of the difficulty!

The screen should have a little bit of play but not much. If it is swinging back and forth more i think i would be concerned but as it seems on the video it should be Ok. In fact the device screen can go almost all the way back and become almost parallel with the keyboard.

The empty slot is for the wall charger. We recently changed over to a wall charger that uses a USB slot and is much smaller. The older one was much bigger and used to fit in that area. The wire was connected to the box part and could not be disconnected.

If you feel uncomfortable with the package or you think something isn't right please let us know and we will do what we can to help out. While we use UPS service we always have our packages insured just in case of difficulty. Make sure you save any original boxes in case an insurance claim ha to be opened, we would need a picture of the original box.

Hope this helps!

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com


Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
rus



Joined: 02/04/2011 06:51:43
Messages: 11
Offline

Thank you much, Jerry, for your quick response.

I'd have it replaced because I don't feel comfortable using it after that terrible shipping. Who knows what happened with internal components during delivery... I work in electronic industry so I know how little cracks on circuit boards can be a real pain with full of glitches.

I'm posting some pics of the boxes FYA.
What is the proper procedure for RMA and replacement? Thank you much again.

[Thumb - P2044712.JPG]
 Filename P2044712.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description P900 box itself
 Filesize 2733 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  0 time(s)

[Thumb - P2044711.JPG]
 Filename P2044711.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description this is the packing box
 Filesize 2662 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  0 time(s)

[Thumb - P2044718.JPG]
 Filename P2044718.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description this is the packing box
 Filesize 2719 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  0 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/04/2011 16:43:34

rus



Joined: 02/04/2011 06:51:43
Messages: 11
Offline

Continued...
[Thumb - P2044713.JPG]
 Filename P2044713.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description P900 Box
 Filesize 2542 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  0 time(s)

[Thumb - P2044717.JPG]
 Filename P2044717.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description P900 Box
 Filesize 2752 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  0 time(s)

[Thumb - P2044714.JPG]
 Filename P2044714.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description P900 Box
 Filesize 2432 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  0 time(s)

rus



Joined: 02/04/2011 06:51:43
Messages: 11
Offline

Jerry wrote:In fact the device screen can go almost all the way back and become almost parallel with the keyboard.


that's the pic of device with lid opened to its max. I cannot open it further cause it doesn't let me do that...
[Thumb - P2044716.JPG]
 Filename P2044716.JPG [Disk] Download
 Description not going || with kb
 Filesize 2439 Kbytes
 Downloaded:  0 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/04/2011 17:46:45

Jerry



Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

Hi,

Ok no problem, i would contact the technical service and returns department they would be able to help you out. For this case is may be easier to correspond via email because of all of the pictures you have and the nature of the problem.

You can send an email to abe@ectaco.com.

Tell him you received your order. Tell him the outer box and the inner box is damaged and you believe your model has damage also (screen hinge is loose). He should be able to open up an insurance claim for you. Reference this forum thread http://www.ectaco.com/posts/list/59637.page and the pictures.

Hope this helps!

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com


Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
Jerry



Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

rus wrote:
Jerry wrote:In fact the device screen can go almost all the way back and become almost parallel with the keyboard.


that's the pic of device with lid opened to it max. I cannot open it further cause it doesn't let me do that...


Hum im not sure in this case (i do use a version one model produced over a year and a half ago so maybe mine just dos that)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/04/2011 17:04:46


Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com


Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
rus



Joined: 02/04/2011 06:51:43
Messages: 11
Offline

Thank you much for your help.
Have just shot an e-mail to address you provided.
I hope they will be as fast in response as you are. I really need Partner asap
Jerry



Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

rus wrote:Thank you much for your help.
Have just shot an e-mail to address you provided.
I hope they will be as fast in response as you are. I really need Partner asap


Your very welcome! You should see a response by the end of the day on Monday. Have a great weekend!

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com


Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
rus



Joined: 02/04/2011 06:51:43
Messages: 11
Offline

well it's obviously the end of business day on monday
nobody showed up from ups, no email from ectaco... nothing

had to call ectaco cs for any information. got a formal answer ups would show up soon - will take the box - and wait 8 business days to get a replacement one .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/07/2011 21:12:26

Jerry



Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

rus wrote:well it's obviously the end of business day on monday
nobody showed up from ups, no email from ectaco... nothing

had to call ectaco cs for any information. got a formal answer ups would show up soon - will take the box - and wait 8 business days to get a replacement one .


Hi,

Im not sure i understand. Who told you UPS will do a pick up in the first place? When were you informed this?

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com


Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
rus



Joined: 02/04/2011 06:51:43
Messages: 11
Offline

Jerry wrote:
Hi,

Im not sure i understand. Who told you UPS will do a pick up in the first place? When were you informed this?


Hello Jerry,
i was told about this over the phone in two languages actually (russian and english) when i called them.
i called this number: 718-728-3605

is this a wrong procedure for system replacements? i'd really appreciate your help, Jerry, if you point me out what shall i do.

Thank you
rus



Joined: 02/04/2011 06:51:43
Messages: 11
Offline

rus wrote:
Jerry wrote:
Hi,

Im not sure i understand. Who told you UPS will do a pick up in the first place? When were you informed this?


Hello Jerry,
i was told about this over the phone in two languages actually (russian and english) when i called them.
i called this number: 718-728-3605

is this a wrong procedure for system replacements? i'd really appreciate your help, Jerry, if you point me out what shall i do.

Thank you


well, i'm on the phone with "very nice" guy who's telling me i should contact ups and find out when they're gonna show up... that's bad.
i didn't expect such a "good" service
rus



Joined: 02/04/2011 06:51:43
Messages: 11
Offline

if someone interested in if there's any progress in my case...

here's some updates (grabbed from ups tracking):
1. ups picked up the box 02/10/11
2. delivered and signed by ANNIA on 02/16/11

still no word from ectaco.

Jerry, should i expect a call/e-mail from Ectaco now? or they'll just send out a replacement unit to me without any notice?
Jerry



Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

rus wrote:if someone interested in if there's any progress in my case...

here's some updates (grabbed from ups tracking):
1. ups picked up the box 02/10/11
2. delivered and signed by ANNIA on 02/16/11

still no word from ectaco.

Jerry, should i expect a call/e-mail from Ectaco now? or they'll just send out a replacement unit to me without any notice?


Hey,

Thanks for the question, sorry for the delay in responding( i am still having my post notifications sent to span for some reason). Glad everything was picked up and is in our warehouse now. It usually takes a few days to process the package so i would anticipate the item will be on the way to you soon. Sorry i cant help out more but i cant see all information for online orders.

I recommend emailing abe@ectaco.com or calling 718-728-3605 and they should tell you the progress of the package. Please make sure to reference your order number.

Hope this helps!

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com


Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
 
Forum Index » Partner 900
Go to: