[Logo]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page
Forum rules     [Register] Register /
[Login] Login
        Now, by registering on our forum you get a chance to receive giveaway offers, valuable discounts and other great deals! There is no obligation to buy anything - just register and contribute to the forum to take advantage of this great opportunity.
web browser for jetbook color  XML
Forum Index » jetBooks
Author Message
sumeiwang

Joined: 06/27/2012 23:42:02
Messages: 5
Offline

just got my jetbook color. It's beautiful!
my problem is that I could not find any web browser in the device.
Can anyone help me?
Jerry

Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

sumeiwang wrote:just got my jetbook color. It's beautiful!
my problem is that I could not find any web browser in the device.
Can anyone help me?

Hi,

Thanks for the message, the jetBook Color does not currently employ a web browser. We may have one available in future firmware versions.

Hope this helps!

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com

Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
sumeiwang

Joined: 06/27/2012 23:42:02
Messages: 5
Offline

Thanks. A web browser is essential. Otherwise the equipped wi-fi function is useless.
Two more questions.
1. My Jetbook is equipped with C-pen. The result of scan comes out very well. Could I save the scanned text into a file?
2. when reading a pdf file, how to switich to view in a landscape mode?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/03/2012 02:48:11

sumeiwang

Joined: 06/27/2012 23:42:02
Messages: 5
Offline

I would be grateful if Jerry could help me with solving the problems listed above. TKS!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/03/2012 02:49:14

Jerry

Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

Hi,

We should be releasing a new firmware version by next Wednesday (the 11th). I know this will allow you to read in landscape mode, it will also allow wireless access of books stored on a network.

Unfortunately i am not sure about the C-Pen question. I know in a book you can select a paragraph and 'summarize' it takes the paragraph and puts it as well as others into one file for you. Do you see anything like this if you press menu?

The tech support should have more answers for you on the c-pen. You can call 718-728-3605 or email support@ectaco.com

Hope this helps!

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com

Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
mexmike

Joined: 08/24/2012 03:57:57
Messages: 7
Offline

Hi sumeiwang

I bought a Jetbook Color too precisely for internet use to check my email whilst traveling

I now use it to as a table-mat to eat my dinner off. It stops the table from getting scratched when I'm checking my email with my Sony PRS Daily Edition.

Shame on you Ectaco for misleading so many people.
Jerry

Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

mexmike wrote:Hi sumeiwang

I bought a Jetbook Color too precisely for internet use to check my email whilst traveling

I now use it to as a table-mat to eat my dinner off. It stops the table from getting scratched when I'm checking my email with my Sony PRS Daily Edition.

Shame on you Ectaco for misleading so many people.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about your issue, may i ask why you didn't return the device? We made significantly extended accommodations for customers who wanted to return the device due to a lack of internet browser. Not only did we have periods where we were offering a full refund but at the time we were making shipping exceptions.

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com

Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
mexmike

Joined: 08/24/2012 03:57:57
Messages: 7
Offline

Jerry, thanks for the reply. I had good faith in the correspondence received from Leslie Green (quoted below). I have written further emails to your support team (copies sent to various ectaco emails available to me) reference refunding my payment. I never received any offer of a refund. I then assumed that I was dealing with a company that did not care too much about its customers or reputation.

"Hi Leslie,

My Jetbook Color has arrived and I am looking forward to using it with
some engineering students.

I have a couple of questions.

1) How do I get the wifi to work and where is the browser?
2) Why does nothing happen when I tap Classwork and Homework?
3) Why does the start-up page NOT have the same format as the Jetbook
Color depicted on the webpage...
http://www.jetbookk12.com/jetbookcolor/?refid=29532 with a calendar
and clock etc also described as "The main screen serves as an ID card
for the student displaying a schedule of classes (updated daily via
Wi-Fi)"

Hope you can help.

Regards

Ectaco-Leslie Green leslieg@ectaco.com
Feb 13

to me

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your email.

We are working on the JetBook Color updates so the browser should be updated
either on 03/01/12 or 04/01/12.

We will send you the updated version as soon as it is ready.

You may find all available information on how to use the JetBook Color
online at
http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167587

The above link includes a lot of useful information on the product functions
including tutorials.

<Please include the original message text in your replies>

Best regards,
Leslie Green,
Ectaco Inc.,