Subscribe to news
Learn about new ECTACO dictionaries and translators.
Keep informed about the best discounts and gifts from the manufacturer!
Subscribe for free:
FAQ on ECTACO® jetBook® COLOR update
If your jetBook® COLOR has any issues with updating you may have to re-format the hard drive on your device. Here's how.
- Turn the JBC on with the power button.
- Look for the Blue light under the OK button. If this light comes on the jetBook operating system is functional. If not, try to charge the unit.
- Contact the jetBook Color to your PC with the USB cable.
- Go to 'My Computer'. Locate the disk referring to the JBC internal memory.
- IMPORTANT: Make 100% sure you are formatting the right disk. Formatting the wrong disk could delete date on another device you have connected.
- Right click on the disk and select 'Format'
- Under File system select 'FAT32'
- After it is done, re install the firmware ONLY. It is STEP 2 of this guide http://www.jetbook.net/update/jetbookcolor.