90% of problems are solved with a reset of the unit. Please see below how to reset your device.
1) Press the reset button on your device with a paper clip or Stylus. Is going to be a small button or hole on the device. (all devices have one).
2) Hold it down for just a second.
3) Look on the screen and you should see a re-loading screen.
4) Check the device for problems.
Soft reset and sync (For 900, iTravl and some 500 models):
1) Remove language SD card. it should be inserted to the side of your device. (some models don't have one)
2) Make sure the tiny slider on the side of the SD card is in the unlocked position. Toward the metal connectors.
3) Put the SD card back into the device.
4) Reset the device using the instructions above.
1) Take the battery and the SD card out of the device.
2) Leave them out for at least 10 minutes.
3) Put back battery, and SD card.
4) Reset the device.
Here a few other things to look for:
-Low battery: A low battery can cause difficulty. make sure your charge is at least 20%
-Loose connection: For iTravl and 900 series. make sure your C-Pen or GPS is snugly fit into the device.
-SD card loose: Make sure the SD cad is snugly inside of the device.
If you are having a more specific problem please ask about it in the proper area here. http://www.ectaco.com/forum/
You can also contact the support team at email@example.com
Hope this helps!
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/29/2010 13:09:36