Here will be posted the newest updates for the jetBook and jetBook lite as well as instructions to update.
Firmware upgrade instructions (jetBook and jetBook Lite):
1. Make a backup copy of books, audio files, and pictures that you store on your jetBook.
2. Fully charge the jetBook battery.
3. Download and unpack the firmware package and then transfer the Data, firmware, and reflash_nor folders to the root directory of an SD card. Make sure your SD card does not contain any files other than those found in the firmware package. NOTE: firmware package may be just one file in some cases not three.
4. Place the SD card into your jetBook SD slot.
5. Press the Reset button. The device will turn off. Do not turn it on.
6. Press and hold the On/Off button and right arrow key simultaneously until the jetBook Firmware screen appears.
7. The update process will take about 10 – 15 minutes.
8. WARNING! Do not press any keys on your jetBook while updating is in progress!
9. When the update process is complete, press the Reset button. The device will turn off.
10. Press and hold the On/Off button for 3 seconds. Release the button. jetBook will start within 1 minute.
11. Firmware update process is completed at this point.
Firmware upgrade instructions (jetBook Mini):
1. Download .pkg file to your PC
2. Save the file to SD card. (Please note that jetBook mini supports the regular SD cards up to 2GB SD.)
3. Insert SD card into JetBook mini.
4. Switch on you jetBook mini, go to the "Settings" menu, choose "Upgrade patch" section and follow the instructions on the screen.
jetBook v0.35M 07/01/2010
jetBook Lite v0.16E 08/01/2010
jetBook Mini v0.3.8 02/16/2011 (With English Books)
This message was edited 20 times. Last update was at 03/18/2011 16:39:43