[Logo]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
Forum rules     [Register] Register / 
[Login] Login 
        Now, by registering on our forum you get a chance to receive giveaway offers, valuable discounts and other great deals! There is no obligation to buy anything - just register and contribute to the forum to take advantage of this great opportunity.
Hopefully correct link to firware for jbl  XML
Forum Index » jetBooks
Author Message
Highroller



Joined: 12/18/2009 11:28:44
Messages: 54
Offline

Well the email I got gave a link to the jetbook firmware but I THINK this is the actual link.

ftp://ftp.ectaco.com/Lite_0.15g.exe

I am gonna try it at least.
[Email]
Highroller



Joined: 12/18/2009 11:28:44
Messages: 54
Offline

Of course there is still the problem of firmware updates not working on this 3rd jbl. Hopefully to god the 15d firmware took care of the reoccuring problem of hanging on the logo screen that was only fixable by shipping device back to Ectaco. But since firmware updates don't work on it, any other fixes are not doing me any good. You know the only real plus you had going for you was lower price. With all the more reliable readers coming down in price, you are gonna be left out in the cold.
[Email]
Jerry



Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

Highroller wrote:Of course there is still the problem of firmware updates not working on this 3rd jbl. Hopefully to god the 15d firmware took care of the reoccuring problem of hanging on the logo screen that was only fixable by shipping device back to Ectaco. But since firmware updates don't work on it, any other fixes are not doing me any good. You know the only real plus you had going for you was lower price. With all the more reliable readers coming down in price, you are gonna be left out in the cold.


Hey,

Thanks for your patience with the jetBook Lite, please contact our technical support department directly and they will be able to help you out. Luckily we have a one year warranty on the jetBook so if their is any defect we would be able to replace it with a brand new unit.

Please call our tech support line at 718-728-3605 or email Phil@ectaco.com.

Hope this helps!

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com


Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
djharkavy



Joined: 12/22/2009 21:40:49
Messages: 56
Offline

What does the new update do?
[Email]
kmrowley



Joined: 12/31/2009 17:14:27
Messages: 106
Offline

Highroller wrote:Well the email I got gave a link to the jetbook firmware but I THINK this is the actual link.

ftp://ftp.ectaco.com/Lite_0.15g.exe

I am gonna try it at least.


ftp site seems to be password protected on my end...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/29/2010 07:10:37

[Email]
Jerry



Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

Hey Guys,

The upgrade info and download should be found here. http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade.php " target="_new" rel="nofollow"> http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade.php

Let me know if you guys encounter some difficulty with it.

Hope this helps!

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com


Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
Highroller



Joined: 12/18/2009 11:28:44
Messages: 54
Offline

Jerry wrote:
Highroller wrote:Of course there is still the problem of firmware updates not working on this 3rd jbl. Hopefully to god the 15d firmware took care of the reoccuring problem of hanging on the logo screen that was only fixable by shipping device back to Ectaco. But since firmware updates don't work on it, any other fixes are not doing me any good. You know the only real plus you had going for you was lower price. With all the more reliable readers coming down in price, you are gonna be left out in the cold.


Hey,

Thanks for your patience with the jetBook Lite, please contact our technical support department directly and they will be able to help you out. Luckily we have a one year warranty on the jetBook so if their is any defect we would be able to replace it with a brand new unit.

Please call our tech support line at 718-728-3605 or email Phil@ectaco.com.

Hope this helps!


No thanks. Already paid to ship 2 units to you. Will keep this one unti
[Email]
Jerry



Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

Highroller wrote:
Jerry wrote:
Highroller wrote:Of course there is still the problem of firmware updates not working on this 3rd jbl. Hopefully to god the 15d firmware took care of the reoccuring problem of hanging on the logo screen that was only fixable by shipping device back to Ectaco. But since firmware updates don't work on it, any other fixes are not doing me any good. You know the only real plus you had going for you was lower price. With all the more reliable readers coming down in price, you are gonna be left out in the cold.


Hey,

Thanks for your patience with the jetBook Lite, please contact our technical support department directly and they will be able to help you out. Luckily we have a one year warranty on the jetBook so if their is any defect we would be able to replace it with a brand new unit.

Please call our tech support line at 718-728-3605 or email Phil@ectaco.com.

Hope this helps!


No thanks. Already paid to ship 2 units to you. Will

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com


Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
Highroller



Joined: 12/18/2009 11:28:44
Messages: 54
Offline

Hey,

I'm sorry about the difficulty and i appreciate your patience in dealing with this matter. The defect rate for the jetBook and JBL is extremely low so this is a rare circumstance. Perhaps one of the files you have on the jetBook is corrupt. Lets try and break this down and see where the difficulty lies.

The problem:
- Difficulty reading HTML files with the JBL
- Symptoms: Displaying random characters & books running together.

Please let me know:
-Did you try downloading to the newest firmware?
Yes I got the latest and just like the other versions it won't load on this jbl.

-Did you try these HTML files on other readers?
Yes they worked fine on other readers


-Did you try other HTML files on the JBL?
Yes they work fine most of the time.

-Did your new unit ever get stuck on the loading screen.
No however I had to return my last 2 units because they hung on the logo screen. This is what 15d was supposed to fix.


The more we know about the problem the e

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 06/29/2010 13:02:14

[Email]
Highroller



Joined: 12/18/2009 11:28:44
Messages: 54
Offline

Jerry wrote:Hey Guys,

The upgrade info and download should be found here. http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade.php " target="_new" rel="nofollow"> http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade.php

Let me know if you guys encounter some difficulty with it.

Hope this helps!


Do appreciate a working link unlike the incorrect link I was emailed.
[Email]
Jerry



Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

Highroller wrote:Hey,

I'm sorry about the difficulty and i appreciate your patience in dealing with this matter. The defect rate for the jetBook and JBL is extremely low so this is a rare circumstance. Perhaps one of the files you have on the jetBook is corrupt. Lets try and break this down and see where the difficulty lies.

The problem:
- Difficulty reading HTML files with the JBL
- Symptoms: Displaying random characters & books running together.

Please let me know:
-Did you try downloading to the newest firmware?
Yes I got the latest and just like the other versions it won't load on this jbl.

-Did you try these HTML files on other readers?
Yes they worked fine on other readers


-Did you try other HTML files on the JBL?
Yes they work fine most of the time.

-Did your new unit ever get stuck on the loading screen.
No however I had to return my last 2 units because they hung on the logo screen. This is what 15d was supposed to fix.


The more we know about

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com


Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
Jerry



Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

Highroller wrote:
Jerry wrote:Hey Guys,

The upgrade info and download should be found here. http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade.php " target="_new" rel="nofollow"> http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade.php

Let me know if you guys encounter some difficulty with it.

Hope this helps!


Do appreciate a working link unlike the incorrect link I was emailed.


You are very welcome

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com


Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
Highroller



Joined: 12/18/2009 11:28:44
Messages: 54
Offline



Hi,

When you say the new firmware wont load, what do you mean? It wont go from computer to JBL? Or once it is on JBL nothing works?


What I mean is when I follow the procedure for installing firmware when I get to the point of holding the right arrow key down and pushing the power on button with the 3 update directories only on the SD card I do not get a message saying the firmware is going to upload. Either it starts up like I am not holding the right arrow key or sometimes it shuts down. Either way the firmware does NOT load.

If other HTML files work and a select few don't then these files may be corrupt. HTML files are the most likely to be corrupt. the JBL does not modify files in such a way that it would corrupt them. Try loading these files directly onto the JBL (without SD card) to eliminate the SD card as the culprit.

Point being the html files are NOT corrupt on my hard drive. So the source file is not corrupt. The files are occasionally messed up on the SD c
[Email]
Jerry



Joined: 06/28/2010 05:09:51
Messages: 908
Offline

Hey,

Ok i understand so your device never enters the firmware update screen.

I just tried it on mine. Please see the instructions here http://www.ectaco.com/ectaco-posts/list/19980.page

Number 5. Says after you press the "Reset button" the device will turn off. This was NOT the case for mine. It actually restarted. What i did (might work for you) is the following.

1) Do steps 1-4.
2) Press RESET.
3) IMMEDIATELY after press the on/off and right arrow simultaneously. Hold for at least 8 seconds. Try to go from reset to holding the on/of & right arrow as quickly as possible. Have someone help if necessary.

Please let me know if this works. I know i had to try mine 2 or 3 times to get to the firmware update screen.

Jerry C,
Ectaco Inc
www.ectaco.com


Please make sure you review each threads unique RULES before posting.
Highroller



Joined: 12/18/2009 11:28:44
Messages: 54
Offline

Jerry wrote:Hey,

Ok i understand so your device never enters the firmware update screen.

I just tried it on mine. Please see the instructions here http://www.ectaco.com/ectaco-posts/list/19980.page

Number 5. Says after you press the "Reset button" the device will turn off. This was NOT the case for mine. It actually restarted. What i did (might work for you) is the following.

1) Do steps 1-4.
2) Press RESET.
3) IMMEDIATELY after press the on/off and right arrow simultaneously. Hold for at least 8 seconds. Try to go from reset to holding the on/of & right arrow as quickly as possible. Have someone help if necessary.

Please let me know if this works. I know i had to try mine 2 or 3 times to get to the firmware update screen.


After a lot of pain, I finally got it to reload the firmware. Only took about a dozen tries...I won't be doing that again until the existing bugs in 15g are squashed. I reloaded 15d. At least its stable.
[Email]
 
Forum Index » jetBooks
Go to: